It’s genetic- men are predisposed to store fat on the upper body (abdominal belt). This means that an unbalanced diet coupled with a lack of physical activity in middle-aged men will cause love handles! But if you follow these tips, you will be able to get rid of them or avoid them altogether!
What are love handles?
Love handles are simply excess abdominal fat. They are also known as muffin top, spare tires, and breadbasket. While these terms are “cute” there is nothing appealing about having excess abdominal fat. It doesn’t look good and can lead to conditions such as obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes. That’s why you need to get rid of it as soon as possible!
Why do men get love handles?
From the age of 50, men experience hormonal changes that lead to the loss of muscle mass and an increase in fat mass. If your nutritional intake and physical activity remain the same, your body will store more fat. Other factors such as stress also cause love handles in men.
How to get rid of love handles
The best way to lose belly fat is to live a healthy lifestyle. Do not let bad habits take hold: if you gain several pounds over a long time, it will be harder to lose it!
Monitor your calorie intake
It is important to eat a balanced diet in reasonable quantities. Generally, a man aged 20 to 40 should consume an average of 2,700 calories per day; while a 41 to 60-year-old man should consume 2,500 calories. However, these are just numbers to guide you. Your body sends signals when it reaches satiety. Pay attention!
Foods that you should eat
- Eat fruits and vegetables. However, limit the consumption of sweet fruits, such as bananas, plums, or grapes. Also, be careful when cooking vegetables. Steam them and if you have to use fat, do not use any more than 10 grams per meal.
- Consume dairy products. Drink milk and yogurts rather than eat cheese.
- One starch per meal. Eating starch will not make you fat, as long as you limit the sauces (bread, pasta, potatoes, etc.).
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water every day. Beware of sodas that contain a lot of sugar. Just think about it, a can of coke contains 10 sugar cubes!
- Eat a healthy diet. Everyone knows it, but I need to repeat it: avoid processed foods, excess salt, foods with a high glycemic index, refined sugar, or “bad” fats… they are your worst enemy.
Activities that will encourage you to lose belly fat
Men are lucky because they lose weight more quickly than women. The best way to lose belly fat is to regularly engage in physical activity! You can take part in a variety of sporting activities to aid fat loss and build muscle. Walking every day for 30 minutes will also provide results…as long as you are consistent!
Special senior bodybuilding exercises to get rid of love handles
If you are older or you have been sedentary for a long time, you can lose weight by undertaking gentle exercises. The exercises below will strengthen your abdominal wall, encouraging fat loss.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent, arms along your body, and head on the ground. Exhale as you raise your head and shoulders as if you want to touch your calves with your fingertips. Inhale while writing to the position.
- Lying on your back with your hands behind your head, legs bent, and feet flat on the floor. Bring one elbow to the opposite knee, raise the head, exhaling. While inhaling, return to the initial position. Alternate one side, then the other. The hands do not pull on the head.
- Perform two to four sets of 8 to 15 repetitions for each exercise, with a break to catch your breath between each set, three times a week.
Schedule an Emsculpt Neo Session
If you are interested in belly reduction in Connecticut, schedule an EmSculpt NEO session. EmSculpt NEO is the first and only non-invasive body shaping procedure that provides simultaneous fat elimination and muscle building. In a 30-minute session, you would have done the equivalent of 20,000 sit-ups or squats, without actually doing any physical activity.
The electromagnetic energy of EmSculpt NEO forces the muscles to contract more than they would in an exercise session. The result will be sculpted abs which cause fat removal in men. Research indicates that the fatty tissue layer can be reduced by 19% after four treatment sessions and muscle mass could increase by 16%. This is what makes it the best way to lose belly fat in Connecticut.
Fat removal for men is possible, you simply need to eat well and exercise. You can also get non-invasive fat removal. For fat removal for men in Connecticut, contact Soroka Lose Inches. We will help you lose your love handles quickly. Good luck!